Friday, September 12, 2008

If I were a shoe...

If I were a shoe
I would be around you all day long

If I were a shoe I would step on your ground
And noone would step on me

If I were a shoe
I would visit streets, cities and countries

If I were a shoe I would have to live through coldness and heat
but I wouldn't have any feelings

If I were a shoe I could get torn and worn out
but maybe they would fix me

If I were a shoe I would have my feet on the ground at all times
and I wouldn't go flying to the moon

It would be nice being a shoe.
But if I were a shoe, what life would I have?
Seeing places from my position in the dirt
Noone to talk to and noone to love
Nothing to live for and nothing to do

And you know the best thing about not being a shoe?
Because if I were a shoe, I wouldn't have met you...


Dedicated to all the people I miss; Vatosoa, friends in Madagascar, family in Stavanger, Oslo, USA and England and my dear friends from Hald spread all around the world...

No comments: